River Wye, Barbell and Chub

So my first ever attempt at a blog, and my first ever attempt at a Barbell and Chub on the River Wye. What a time to be alive. My girlfriend Amy and my son TJ, bought some new camping gear, and arranged to stay for 2 nights at the Lucksall Caravan and Camping resort near Hereford on the bank of the River Wye. We fished the Hereford stretch just up on the bend above the campsite where the River Lug (a Wye tributary) meets the Wye. We had advice from Woodys tackle shop in Hereford to fish here, and it produced, x2 Barbell and a Chub (Local knowledge is ALWAYS the best). My first attempt at both species and I managed them both on the same day, I was delighted to catch them and feel the immense power of a Barbell fight, they are like the Smooth Hound of the river! Fantastic weekend and trip to remember.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carp, Lakeside Fishing Resort - Cublington

The 5 year wait! PB Pike!